2022 Yamaha V6 4.2L 225HP – 30″ Shaft shares the DNA of the flagship XTO, reflected in cutting-edge technology and Yamaha engineering excellence resulting in outstanding power and thrilling performance. By fusing power, efficiency and light weight, Yamaha’s innovative design sets the standard for V6 outboard performance.
Power and Performance.
- 4.2 Liter Big Bore Displacement: Yamaha’s 4.2-liter V6 Offshore outboards feature plasma-fused sleeveless cylinder walls, which are 60 percent harder than steel. That means larger cylinder bores for increased displacement, resulting in more power and torque, without increasing outer cylinder dimensions. It also results in dramatically lighter weight and better cooling, and “micro-textured” cylinder walls that help decrease friction loss, and further increase performance and enhance reliability.
- Fuel Efficiency: For maximum power and efficiency, electronically controlled throttle valves work in concert with Precision Multi-Point Fuel Injection to ensure a precise mix of air and fuel. In addition, six individual sensors constantly provide vital atmospheric and engine conditions to the Engine Control Module (ECM), which makes adjustments for performance.
- Lightest Weight: From the top of the cowling to the tip of the propeller shaft, every ounce of weight-savings has been realized for maximum performance without sacrificing durability. There’s even a new advanced polymer composite lower engine pan that lowers weight and increases corrosion resistance. The 4.2-liter V6’s are up to 73 pounds lighter than other four strokes in their class, at 562 pounds (digital and 551 pounds (mechanical).
- Responsive Electric Steering: The Yamaha V6 Offshore F300 and F250 are the industry’s very first offshore V6’s offered in digital models with built-in electric steering. This makes them incredibly responsive and also results in a cleaner bilge, with no pumps, hoses, hydraulic lines or connections.
Reliability and Durability.
- Long Range Fuel Economy: Yamaha V6 4.2L 225HP – 30″ Shaft has a Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection that ensures a precise mix of air and fuel for combustion efficiency
- Responsive Electric Steering: Built into the F300 and F250, digital electric steering is more responsive and precise and results in a cleaner bilge, with no pumps or hydraulic lines.
- More Power: Plasma-fused cylinders result in larger cylinder bores for greater displacement, power, torque and reduced weight.
- Hole Shot & Acceleration: 2022 Yamaha V6 4.2L 225HP – 30″ Shaft has Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) that boosts power and throttle response in the low- and mid-RPM ranges.
Convenience and Control.
- Charging Power: Our V6 4.2-liter outboards feature up to 70 amps of total alternator output-ample charging for an array of on-board electronic devices.
- Precise and Convenient Trolling: Yamaha V6 4.2L 225HP – 30″ Shaft has Speed Control with Pattern Shift automatically bumps engines into and out of gear to achieve sub-idle trolling speeds. Helm Master EX with Autopilot even allows you to set a target speed, as low as 0.25 mph. This cues the system to auto-adjust RPM and shifting to achieve that target speed-all while adjusting for conditions such as wind or current. This provides incredible control of trolling speed-from in-gear idling to slowing to a crawl.
- More Functionality / Security: Our digital V6 Offshore models are compatible with Helm Master® EX boat control system. Helm Master EX offers functionality including Autopilot with Heading/Course Hold, 10+ automated modes for fishing and relaxing, in-mode joystick adjustability, expanded automated essential boat operations and more. There’s even an optional theft-deterrent system, Y-COP®, which disables the ignition and fuel systems while docked.
- Top Speed and Smooth Shifting: Yamaha V6 4.2L 225HP – 30″ Shaft has Saltwater Series II™ HP Propeller can boost top-end speed up by nearly 2 mph in lighter-weight applications. It’s also equipped with our patented Shift Dampener System (SDS™) for smoother, quieter shifting.
- Fast, Easy Tilting: A new, Yamaha exclusive, TotalTilt™ performs a quick, full trim up or down with the fast, double-tap of a button. This makes trailering quick and easy and is handy when a complete up or down tilt is needed.
|Prop shaft Horsepower||:225 HP at 5500 RPM|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||:5000 ~ 6000 RPM|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||:1.75:1 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse|
|Alternator||:50 – 70 Amp|
Yamaha V6 4.2L 225HP – 30″ Shaft Engine.
|Bore x Stroke||:3.78 x 3.78 in. (96 x 96 mm)|
|Shaft Length||:30 in.|
|Weight||:562 lb. (254 kg)|
Model Specific Features.
- Compatible with mechanical or digital controls
- Recommended fuel: 87 Octane
- Shaft length: 30”
- Alternator output: Up to 70 amp
Yamaha V6 4.2L 225HP – 30″ Shaft Specifications.
- Engine Type: V6
- Displacement: 4.2L
- Bore x Stroke: 96 x 96mm (3.78 x 3.78 in)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 225hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 50 – 70 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight†: 250 kg (551 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner’s manual)
- Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 24
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: LFR6A-11
- Alternator Output: 50 – 70 Amp
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 6.3L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 1.75:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 30″
- Degree of Tilt: 67°
- Degree of Trim: -3° through +16°
- Dry Weight: 249 kg (551 lbs)
- Mounting Centers: 28.5″
- Steering Angle (maximum): 32° from center, either direction.
Yamaha V6 4.2L 225HP – 30″ Shaft Warranty.
|Government||: 3years Limited|
|commercial||: 1year Limited|
Reach out to us if you want your 2022 Yamaha V6 4.2L 225HP – 30″ Shaft customized.
Check out our Related Products
Reference @ Global Yamaha