When a warranty case is processed, the removal, assembly, and tuning requirements of any components are borne by the customer making the claim.
When necessary, the freight costs are split between the parties involved. The customer pays for the component to be returned, and we pay for the component to be sent back to the customer.
The costs/inconvenience caused by the loss of use of the item/product is not covered whilst the warranty process takes place.
Generally, it is only the original purchaser of the goods that is covered by the warranty. However, check the manufacturer’s warranty policy first.
If you feel your product has developed a fault, please contact us first as we might be able to assess the issue without having the product sent back.
If the product/component needs to be returned, it must be clean and packaged appropriately for transit.
To contact us for warranty claims, only email correspondence is accepted – this is to ensure all claims are accurately logged.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Parts And Accessories Warranty
In the event that you have a warranty claim in respect of a product delivered within the US, you will be asked to return the relevant Product to our closest warehouse to your location.
These Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between the customer (you) and Yamaha Motors.
It is important to note that our supplies and supports all warranties relating to Products that are noted as being offered and supplied by Yamaha Motors Corporation.
Please note that you must keep your original product packaging in order to be eligible for our pick-up service. In the event that you do not have the original packaging, you will bear the responsibility for safely packaging your Product for transport and we will accept no liability for any further damage that may occur in transit due to bad packaging.
provide the warranties and product support set out in these Terms and Conditions in relation to Products offered and supplied by us from the website.
The warranties and product support set out in these Terms and Conditions are provided irrespective of:
- the identity of the Product;
- whether or not the we provided its own warranties or product support in relation to the Product.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- We make no representations or warranty in relation to the existence, non-existence, validity, availability, terms or conditions of any other warranties or product support that may or may not be offered or provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and
- Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Consumer Law. The warranties and product support that we offer and provide pursuant to our Terms and Conditions are in addition to the consumer warranties and guarantees under Consumer Law.
- Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Yamaha Motors agree to repair or replace the Product or which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with its specifications during the Standard Warranty period of 3 years.
- The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
- Proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties.
- Yamaha motors requires any customer requesting service under the Standard Warranties to comply with directions from Yamaha motors staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions.
- Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to Yamaha Motors After Sales Service via email before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
- Yamaha Motors reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Yamaha Motors reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, YamahaMotors will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by YamahaMotors with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of Yamaha Motors. Yamaha Motors may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Standard Warranty or Extended warranty does not extend or restart the Standard Warranty or Extended Warranty period.
- If Yamaha Motors is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be provided with credit for Yamaha Motors store or may be refunded the price of the Product (at Yamaha Motors election). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
- In the event that a replacement, refund, or store credit is provided as per section 6, the faulty item will become the property of Yamaha Motors.
- Where Yamaha Motors authorizes warranty service of a Product, Yamaha Motors will organize for our authorized courier to pick up the Product during business hours (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) and deliver it to the Yamaha Motors warehouse or an authorized Service Centre, provided that the Product is safely and securely packaged for safe transport. In this situation Yamaha Motors will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternately, the Customer may post the Product as directed by Yamaha Motors if Yamaha Motors specifically authorizes the Customer in writing to do so, in which case Yamaha Motors will refund the Customer the cost of the postage on provision of a scanned copy of the postage receipt. Where the customer is located outside US, Yamaha Motors may require that the Product be sent to US, as directed by Yamaha Motors.
The Customer is responsible to inspect all goods received from Yamaha Motors upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the Customer must report this to Yamaha Motors within 3 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 3 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage.
- Yamaha Motors reserves the right to determine which authorized service center (including Yamaha Motors internal after sales service facility) is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
- The Product will be at the Customer’s risk while in transit to and from the Yamaha Motorswarehouse or Yamaha Motors Authorized Service Centre.
- Yamaha Motors may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Us where the Product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Standard Warranty not apply as per section 17.
- Yamaha Motors reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance with the Yamaha Motors specifications, subject to applicable law.
- The Standard Warranties are transferable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from www.yamahaoutboarddealer.com.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Standard Warranty will not apply in respect of a Product:
- If the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the Yamaha Motors instructions or specifications provided with the Product;
- If over tightening of bolts resulting in stripping the threads;
- If from normal degradation caused by frequent use, such as degrading brake shoe, deflated tire, etc
- If the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product;
- Which has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, tampering or unauthorized repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible parts or accessories, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any foreign object in the Product;
- To damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions;
- To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications;
- Used in commercial capacity, such as rentals
- Used in competition
- To replacement or repair of any consumables, or lost parts or accessories;
- To service of any product whilst it is outside of US.
- To the full extent permitted by law:
- Yamaha Motors aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Standard Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at Yamaha Motors option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product.
- Yamaha Motors excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
- Insofar as they apply to warranties relating to Yamaha Motors Products supplied by Yamaha Motors, these Standard and Warranty Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of the State of California, United States of America and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Yamaha outboard Dealer can be contacted by telephone at 1-(909) 547-7323 or via email email@example.com