Yamaha V6 4.2L 250HP – 25″ Shaft big block engine is the ultimate V6 outboard with all new features, stunning XTO inspired looks and built-in engineering excellence. An unrivalled blend of cutting-edge technology, thrilling performance and exhilarating acceleration.
For the 250hp V6 engines, features such as Digital Electric Steering (DES), Yamaha’s exclusive TotalTilt function and Thrust Enhancing Reverse Exhaust (TERE), and XTO DNA are what clearly positions them as Premium Yamaha outboards.
Digital Electric Steering is now standard on 250hp V6 engines, equipped with Steer by Wire. DES deliveries a much smoother and more intuitive experience when at the helm, while all Non-SBW 250hp V6 Engines are fully compatible with optional bolt-on DES.
Power and Performance
- 4.2 Liter Big Bore Displacement: Yamaha’s 4.2-liter V6 Offshore outboards feature plasma-fused sleeveless cylinder walls, which are 60 percent harder than steel. That means larger cylinder bores for increased displacement, resulting in more power and torque, without increasing outer cylinder dimensions. It also results in dramatically lighter weight and better cooling, and “micro-textured” cylinder walls that help decrease friction loss, and further increase performance and enhance reliability.
- Fuel Efficiency: For maximum power and efficiency, electronically controlled throttle valves work in concert with Precision Multi-Point Fuel Injection to ensure a precise mix of air and fuel. In addition, six individual sensors constantly provide vital atmospheric and engine conditions to the Engine Control Module (ECM), which makes adjustments for performance.
- Light Weight: From the top of the cowling to the tip of the propeller shaft, every ounce of weight-savings has been realized for maximum performance without sacrificing durability.
- Responsive Electric Steering: The Yamaha V6 Offshore F300 and F250 are the industry’s very first offshore V6’s offered in digital models with built-in electric steering. This makes them incredibly responsive and also results in a cleaner bilge, with no pumps, hoses, hydraulic lines or connections.
Reliability and Durability
- Long Range Fuel Economy: Yamaha V6 4.2L 250HP – 25″ Shaft has a Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection ensures a precise mix of air and fuel for combustion efficiency
- Responsive Electric Steering: Built into the F300 and F250, digital electric steering is more responsive and precise and results in a cleaner bilge, with no pumps or hydraulic lines.
- More Power: Plasma-fused cylinders result in larger cylinder bores for greater displacement, power, torque and reduced weight.
- Hole Shot & Acceleration: Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) boosts power and throttle response in the low- and mid-RPM ranges.
Convenience and Control
- Charging Power: Our V6 4.2-liter outboards feature up to 70 amps of total alternator output-ample charging for an array of on-board electronic devices.
- Precise and Convenient Trolling: Yamaha V6 4.2L 250HP – 25″ Shaft has Speed Control with Pattern Shift automatically bumps engines into and out of gear to achieve sub-idle trolling speeds. Helm Master EX with Autopilot even allows you to set a target speed, as low as 0.25 mph. This cues the system to auto-adjust RPM and shifting to achieve that target speed-all while adjusting for conditions such as wind or current. This provides incredible control of trolling speed-from in-gear idling to slowing to a crawl.
- More Functionality / Security: Our digital V6 Offshore models are compatible with Helm Master® EX boat control system. Helm Master EX offers functionality including Autopilot with Heading/Course Hold, 10+ automated modes for fishing and relaxing, in-mode joystick adjustability, expanded automated essential boat operations and more. There’s even an optional theft-deterrent system, Y-COP®, which disables the ignition and fuel systems while docked.
- Top Speed and Smooth Shifting: Yamaha V6 4.2L 250HP – 25″ Shaft has Saltwater Series II™ HP Propeller that boost top-end speed up by nearly 2 mph in lighter-weight applications. It’s also equipped with our patented Shift Dampener System (SDS™) for smoother, quieter shifting.
- Powerful, Precise Maneuvering: Thrust Enhancing Reverse Exhaust keeps exhaust bubbles away from the propeller below 2500 RPM and when in reverse. This means the prop bites only clean water, which results in outstanding reverse thrust and control-especially when backing down on fish and when maneuvering around docks.
|Prop shaft Horsepower||:250 HP at 5500 RPM|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||:5000 ~ 6000 RPM|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||:1.75:1 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse|
|Alternator||:50 – 70 Amp|
|Steering||:Integrated, Electric Actuation|
Yamaha V6 4.2L 250HP – 25″ Shaft Engine.
|Bore x Stroke||:3.78 x 3.78 in. (96 x 96mm)|
|Shaft Length||:25 in.|
|Weight||:551 lb. (250 kg)|
Model Specific Features
- Compatible with mechanical (25″ shaft) or digital controls, including new Helm Master® EX
- Recommended fuel: 87 Octane
- Shaft lengths available: 25”, 30”, and 35″ (30″ and 35″ on F250 DEC only)
- Alternator output: Up to 70 amp
Yamaha V6 4.2L 250HP – 25″ Shaft Specifications
- Engine Type: V6
- Displacement: 4.2L
- Bore x Stroke: 96 x 96mm (3.78 x 3.78in)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 250hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 50 – 70 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight †: 250 kg (551 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner’s manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel / Water Separating Filter (external)
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 24
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: LFR6A-11
- Alternator Output: 50 – 70 Amp
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 6.3L/6.0L w/with filter
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 1.75:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 25″
- Degree of Tilt: DES: 69°, Mechanical 70°
- Dry Weight with built-in DES: 25″ shaft 277 kg (611 lbs)
- Degree of Trim: -3° through +16°
- Dry Weight without built-in DES: 25″ shaft 255 kg (562 lbs)
- Dry Weight with Mechanical Controls: 25″ shaft 255 kg (562 lbs)
- Mounting Centers: 28.5″
- Steering: Integrated, Electric Actuation
- Steering Angle (maximum): 32° from center, either direction.
Yamaha V6 4.2L 250HP – 25″ Shaft Warranty
|Government||: 3years Limited|
|commercial||: 1year Limited|
Reach out to us if you want your Yamaha V6 4.2L 250HP – 25″ Shaft customized.
Check out our Related Products
Reference @ Global Yamaha