Yamaha F90B four-stroke is a good fit for boaters who own smaller boats. The new Yamaha F90B is lighter, smaller and more powerful than its predecessor. Furthermore, It is set to make an impact squarely in that midrange space. The new Yamaha F90B is based on a 1.8-liter in-line four-cylinder powerhead. The Yamaha F90B four-stroke uses a single overhead-cam head with four valves per cylinder. This design might compromise performance a bit but, it is equally important to note that, it makes it less complex (and thus less expensive). It is also lighter in weight and more compact than the double cam. It now leads the 90-horsepower four-stroke class in torque and acceleration. All that means this Yamaha Outboard Engine will be a terrific choice for a variety of boats. This is suitable for the inshore fisherman in particular.
Power and Performance
•The new Yamaha F90B four-stroke is faster and has the quickest four-stroke, 90-horspower
• Like the successful F70 before it, the F90B employs a single overhead
camshaft to drive four valves per cylinder, thereby saving weight
while increasing volumetric efficiency – and making more power. Also
• Thirteen pounds lighter than its predecessor: 353 pounds versus
366 pounds (F90LA)
• More displacement means more torque. The new F90B displaces
1.8 liters versus 1.6 liters over its predecessor. Also,
• The new F90B still runs on regular 87 octane gasoline.
Convenience and Control.
The Yamaha F90B four-stroke is not just the quickest. Also it is quiet, which means a better time
boating and fishing for you and your passengers. Moreover, it can be used with several Yamaha propellers featuring the exclusive Shift Dampener SystemTM (SDSTM). This ensures even greater quiet and comfort. The power of Yamaha F90B four-stroke is compatible with Yamaha Outboard Engine’s variable trolling RPM switch.
- Can be rigged for use with Yamaha’s award-winning multifunction tiller handle
- Improved alternator output, with 35 amps of power over previous 25 amps
- Compatible with Yamaha’s exclusive TalonTM SDSTM propellers, including GP and Pontoon
- Yamaha Y-COP® compatible, for increased theft protection and security. Finally,
- Redesigned and improved long-span mounting system for smooth operation of your Yamaha Outboard Engine.
Reliability and Durability.
In addition to other features, F90B is also reliable and durable in the following ways;
- TCI Micro-computer Ignition System.
- Direct Drive System.
- Wet Sump Lubrication.
- Engine Warning System.
- Water Separator.
- Direct Coil-in-Cap Ignition System.
- Mechanical Single Throttle Valve Intake System.
- Also, SST Steering Tube.
- Water Draining Air Intake Duct.
- Magnetic Drain Plug.
- Phaze FiveTM Paint Process.
- YDC-30 Aluminum Alloy.
- SST Drive, Prop, Shift Shafts.
- Sacrificial Anodes. Furthermore,
- Electro-deposited Powerhead.
|Model||:Yamaha F90B Four-Stroke Marine Outboard|
Yamaha F90B four-stroke Engine.
|Engine type||: In-Line, Four Cylinder|
|Displacement||: 1832cc/111.8 ci|
|Bore x Stroke||: 81 x 88.9mm (3.19 x 3.5in)|
|Full Throttle RPM Range||: 5000 – 6000|
|Variable Trolling RPM Range||: 550 – 1000 RPM|
|Horsepower Rating at Propshaft||: 90hp @ 5500 rpm (75hp @ 5500 rpm)|
|Compression Ratio||: 10.0:1|
|Fuel Induction/Scavenging||: SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Alternator Output||: 35|
|Starting Method||: Electric w/ PTT|
|Ignition||: TCI Microcomputer|
|Lubrication||: Wet Sump|
|Degree of Trim||: -4° through +16°|
|Degree of Tilt||: -4° through +66°|
|Exhaust||: Through Propeller|
|Cooling||: Water, Thermostatic Control|
Yamaha F90B four-stroke Drive
|Gear Ratio||:(28:13) 2.15:1|
|Control Method||:Mechanical and Remote Control|
Lubrication and Fuel.
|Recommended Fuel||: Regular Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 87|
|Recommended Oil||: Yamalube® 4-M|
|Engine Oil Capacity||: 3.2L / 3.0L (w/without filter) 3.4qt / 3.2qt (w/without filter)|
Yamaha F90B four-stroke Warranty
Reach out to us if you want your Yamaha F90B four-stroke customized.
Check out our Related Products
Reference @ Global Yamaha