Yamaha 225HP – 25″ V6 V MAX 4.2L was Originally engineered to exceed expectations, the V6 V MAX SHO® 225 has done it again. It’s now sporting 40 percent more charging power and a striking new cowling design. On top of its instant hole shot and exhilarating top speed, it has all the tools in the tackle box to compete.
Power and Performance.
- Compact & Powerful Powerhead: Yamaha 225HP – 25″ V6 V MAX 4.2L has a Plasma-fused sleeveless cylinders are lighter and 60 percent harder than steel. They also allow us to enlarge cylinder bores without increasing their dimensions–which creates 4.2 liters of big-bore displacement, without adding weight.
- Thoughtful Engineering: Smart engineering throughout the V MAX® SHO saves weight, from the cowling to the engine bracket to the lower engine pan.
- Smart Design: Yamaha’s exclusive In-Bank Exhaust System exits downward through the center of the “V” rather than on the exterior side. This increases combustion efficiency, creating more power and torque, and also results in a more compact shape.
- Overall Performance: Yamaha 225HP – 25″ V6 V MAX 4.2L exclusive In-Bank Exhaust System exits downward through the center of the “V” rather than on the exterior side. This increases combustion efficiency, creating more power and torque, and also results in a more compact shape.
- Overall Performance: This superior design–with individual intake and exhaust camshafts, larger valves than previous designs and four valves per cylinder–delivers more precise valve timing and more efficient exchange of intake and exhaust gases, for responsive power and increased fuel economy.
- Responsive Throttle: Midrange punch and instant throttle response created by Variable Camshaft Timing has to be felt to be believed.
Reliability and Durability.
- Smooth and Quiet: A labyrinth exhaust routes gases through a maze before they exit above the water line through an idle exhaust relief outlet. This, combined with a muffler less design, results in unbelievably smooth and quiet operation, with a pleasing sound of power at idle.
- Protection and Power: Yamaha 225HP – 25″ V6 V MAX 4.2L has an exhaust pressure reduction system, which not only helps keep the propeller hub cooled from hot exhaust gases, but also helps provide power by transitioning those gases out of the engine during the critical hole shot and acceleration phases.
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha V MAX SHO® four-stroke engines.
- Cleaner Fuel: Yamaha 225HP – 25″ V6 V MAX 4.2L has A large, on-engine water separating fuel filter with a water sensor works in conjunction with Yamaha’s 10-Micron Water Separating Fuel Filter to separate water and contaminants from the fuel before they can reach the outboard’s other filters and fuel injectors.
- Less Moving Parts: A single timing belt uses fewer moving parts for long term reliability. Automatic belt tensioners keep proper belt tension, avoiding adjustments for added convenience.
Convenience and Control.
- Charging Power: Yamaha 225HP – 25″ V6 V MAX 4.2L now produces up to 70 gross amps of charging power. This exciting, 40 percent increase in charging is more than enough juice for your growing array of on-board tech. They can also be equipped with an optional isolator lead to better charge house or trolling batteries.
- V MAX SHO® Series Propellers: Designed exclusively for V MAX SHO® V6 20-inch-shaft outboards, V MAX SHO Series propellers are available in one-inch pitch increments from 22 to 27 inches, for fine-tuning wide-open-throttle RPM for tournament-level performance.
- Real-Time Performance Data: Yamaha 225HP – 25″ V6 V MAX 4.2L Optional digital backlit gauges that provides real-time outboard performance, boat systems and environmental data at your fingertips. Streamlined displays are designed to withstand the elements and are available in square or round style for single- or multi-engine applications.
- Fasr, Easy Tilting: A new, Yamaha exclusive, TotalTilt™ performs a quick, full trim up or down with the fast, double-tap of a button. This makes trailering quick and easy and is handy when a complete up or down tilt is needed.
|Prop shaft Horsepower||:225 HP at 5500 RPM|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||:5000 ~ 6000 RPM|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||:1.75:1 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse|
Yamaha 225HP – 25″ V6 V MAX 4.2L Engine.
|Bore x Stroke||:3.78 x 3.78 in. (96 x 96 mm)|
|Shaft Length||:25 in.|
|Weight||:529 lb. (240 kg)|
Model Specific Features
- New alternator output: up to 70 gross amps
- Super High Output 60-degree 4.2-liter V6 Design
- Minimum 89 Octane
- 25” shaft only
Yamaha 225HP – 25″ V6 V MAX 4.2L Specifications.
- Engine Type: V6
- Displacement: 4.2L
- Bore x Stroke: 96 x 96mm (3.78 x 3.78 in)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 225 hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 70 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight †: 240 kg (529 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 89
- Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner’s manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 24
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: LFR6A-11
- Alternator Output: 50 Amp
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 6.7L/6.4L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 1.75:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 25″
- Degree of Tilt: 66°
- Degree of Trim: -4° through +16°
- Dry Weight: 240 kg (529 lbs)
- Steering Angle (maximum): 35° from center, either direction
Yamaha 225HP – 25″ V6 V MAX 4.2L Warranty
|Government||: 3years Limited|
|commercial||: 1year Limited|
Reach out to us if you want your Yamaha 225HP – 25″ V6 V MAX 4.2L customized.
Check out our Related Products
Reference @ Global Yamaha