Convenience & Control
- CONTROL AND COMFORT: Our optional, award-winning Multi-Function Tiller handle features a Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®). It allows for precision trolling speed adjustments in 50-RPM increments. Compatible with all Midrange models.
- EASY ENGINE FLUSHING: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without running it, for added convenience and extended engine life.
- GAUGE COMPATIBILITY: Optional Command Link® gauges provide real-time outboard performance, boat systems and environmental data at your fingertips. Streamlined displays are designed to withstand the elements and are available in square or round style for single- or multi-engine applications.
Power & Performance
- SINGLE OVERHEAD CAMSHAFT: A Single Overhead Camshaft (SOHC) on the F70, F60 and F50 provides a compact, lightweight, space-saving design.
- FUEL ECONOMY: Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection delivers the exact amount of fuel needed for optimum performance and efficiency. Yamaha’s EFI optimizes fuel atomization further enhancing fuel economy.
- POWERFUL HOLE SHOT: A Composite Intake Manifold features long tube intake tracks, tuned to increase airflow, which boost low-end and midrange torque. This means a more powerful hole shot and increased acceleration. Even with all this responsive power, an air silencer box and surge tank reduce air intake noise and air turbulence for smooth, quiet operation.
- OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE: A TCI microcomputer ignition adjusts timing to maintain optimal engine performance, economy and power under all operating conditions.
- PRECISE THROTTLE CONTROL: All air entering the engine block is routed through a single throttle valve, to ensure the precise amount of air necessary for optimum power and fuel efficiency. It then enters each cylinder through individual long intake tracks, which are ‘pulse tuned’ to provide air at the precise volume and timing for maximum density and power.
Reliability & Durability
- CORROSION PROTECTION: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all the Yamaha Midrange 70-, 60- and 50-horsepower four strokes.
- ENGINE WARNING SYSTEM: This system protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, water-in-fuel detection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
- WET SUMP: The F70, F60 and F50 use a pressurized oil delivery system and incorporate a compact and durable oil pump to keep all of the moving parts of their SOHC systems lubricated and running smoothly for maximum reliability.
- MAGNETIC DRAIN PLUG: Located in the lower unit to remove metal particles from the gear oil and prevent gearcase damage.