Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft is Perfect for 20-foot decks or deep-Vs, the versatile 4.2-liter F225 allows you to increase your displacement without replacing your rigging.
This Yamaha’s award-winning V6 4.2-liter outboards. Fusing power, efficiency, speed and light weight, their intelligent design absolutely sets the standard for offshore performance. And now, you can add versatility to that list. With all V6 4.2L models – F300, F250 and F225 – available in both mechanical and digital control, you can step up your power, without rebooting your rigging. Seventeen percent more fuel efficient at cruise RPM*, up to 73 pounds lighter than some competitors and more than 10 years of proven Yamaha reliability.
Power and Performance.
- 4.2 Liter Big Bore Displacement: Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft features plasma-fused sleeveless cylinder walls, which are 60 percent harder than steel. That means larger cylinder bores for increased displacement, resulting in more power and torque, without increasing outer cylinder dimensions. It also results in dramatically lighter weight and better cooling, and “micro-textured” cylinder walls that help decrease friction loss, and further increase performance and enhance reliability.
- Best-in-Class Fuel Efficiency: Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft up to 17 percent more fuel efficient at 3500 RPM than other four-stroke V6’s.* For maximum power and efficiency, electronically controlled throttle valves work in concert with Precision Multi-Point Fuel Injection to ensure a precise mix of air and fuel. In addition, six individual sensors constantly provide vital atmospheric and engine conditions to the Engine Control Module (ECM), which makes adjustments for performance. (*Testing conducted by Yamaha at Yamaha’s test facility on a Grady-White® 257 Advance, with each boat rigged for maximum performance.)
- Lightest Weight in Class: From the top of the cowling to the tip of the propeller shaft, every ounce of weight-savings has been realized for maximum performance without sacrificing durability. There’s even a new advanced polymer composite lower engine pan that lowers weight and increases corrosion resistance. The 4.2-liter V6’s are up to 73 pounds lighter than other four strokes in their class, at 562 pounds (digitaL and 551 pounds (mechanical).
- Cruising Speed: Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft is up to 19% faster at cruise RPM than other 300-hp four-stroke outboards.* Cruise RPM is where most offshore outboards are typically operated, meaning you get there faster, using less fuel, than competitive models. *Testing conducted by Yamaha at Yamaha’s test facility on a Grady-White® 257 Advance, with each boat rigged for maximum performance.
Reliability and Durability.
- Protection from the Elements: Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft features a proven cowling drain system, to easily and efficiently drain away any water that enters the cowling during normal engine operation. Incoming air is routed through a labyrinth of passages that trap and drain water before it enters the engine’s intake, for maximum reliability.
- Vibration Reduction: Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft utilizes our Long Span Mounting System, which employs a specially formulated rubber compound attached to newly designed engine mounts. Placed as far apart vertically and horizontally as practically possible, they provide necessary strength while minimizing vibration.
- Increased Cooling Capacity: Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft comes standard with dual pairs of water inlets for increased cooling efficiency. Located on the front and both sides of the lower unit, each pair of pick-ups operates independently of each other to provide proper water flow in a wide variety of applications and conditions.
- Reliability & Efficiency: For increased reliability, individual intake and exhaust camshafts provide more precise valve timing control with fewer moving parts than conventional rocker arm systems. This superior design also allows for the use of four valves per cylinder, which exchange intake and exhaust gases more efficiently for responsive power and increased fuel economy.
Convenience and Control.
- Best-in-Class Charging Power: Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft has up to 70 amps of total alternator output, our V6 4.2-liter outboards have over 29 percent more charging power than other V6 four strokes, and ample charging for an array of on-board electronic devices.
- Precise and Convenient Trolling: Our Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft has a Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®) allows you to adjust trolling speed from 600 ~ 1000 RPM, in 50-RPM increments, for consistent trolling speeds in any conditions.
- More Information / Security: Command Link Plus® features a 6-inch high-contrast, multi-engine, LCD or an-all new 7-inch touchscreen display; digital electronic controls; key switches and start/stop panels; and more flexibility and information than ever. Its optional Y-COP® theft-deterrent system disables the ignition and fuel systems while docked.
- Smooth Shifting: Our patented Shift Dampener System (SDS™) absorbs the resulting force of shifting gears, greatly reducing the noise commonly associated with shifting.
|Prop shaft Horsepower||:225 hp|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||:5000 ~ 6000 rpm|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||:1.75:1 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse|
|Alternator||:50 – 70 Amp|
Yamaha Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft Engine.
|Bore x Stroke||:3.78 x 3.78 in. (96 x 96mm)|
|Shaft Length||:30 in.|
|Weight||:562 lb. (254 kg)|
Model Specific Features.
- Perfect for 20-foot decks or deep-Vs, the versatile 4.2-liter F225 allows you to increase your displacement without replacing your rigging.
- Compatible with mechanical or digital controls
- Recommended fuel: 87 Octane
- Shaft length: 30”
- Alternator output: Up to 70 amp
Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft Specifications.
- Engine Type: V6
- Displacement: 4.2L
- Bore x Stroke: 96 x 96mm (3.78 x 3.78 in)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 225hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 50 – 70 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight*: 254 kg (562 lbs)
- Fuel: Octane 87
- Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner’s manual)
- Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 24
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: LFR6A-11
- Alternator Output: 50 – 70 Amp
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 6.3/6.0L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 1.75:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 30″
- Degree of Tilt: 67°
- Degree of Trim: -3° through +16°
- Mounting Centers: 28.5″
- Steering Angle (maximum): 32° from center, either direction
Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft Warranty.
|Government||: 3years Limited|
|commercial||: 1year Limited|
Reach out to us if you want your Yamaha F225 V6 – 30″ Shaft customized.
Check out our Related Products
Reference @ Global Yamaha