Yamaha 150HP – 20″ V MAX In-Line 4 was the first of its kind, inspiring the VF175 and VF115. With exhilarating top speed and a 7.7-second hole shot that beats some competitors by up to 4 seconds with an award winning performance. It serves up signature V MAX SHO performance.
Power and Performance.
- Quiet Power and Performance: Yamaha 150HP – 20″ V MAX In-Line 4 design maximizes combustion efficiency in a way that no two stroke can, delivering clean, quiet power and performance.
- Midrange Power and Response: The V MAX SHO® 175 and 150 feature Variable Camshaft Timing, which optimizes the angle of the intake camshaft to increase power and throttle response in the low- and mid-RPM ranges.
- Fuel Efficient: In-line Four V MAX SHO® designs are up to 40% more fuel efficient than traditional carbureted two strokes.
- Optimum Power: Yamaha 150HP – 20″ V MAX In-Line 4 comes with Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection and long-track intake system combine to maximize power and fuel efficiency across the line of In-Line Four V MAX SHO® outboards.
- Power Management: Yamaha 150HP – 20″ V MAX In-Line 4 has An array of advanced sensors constantly provide vital atmospheric and engine conditions to the Engine Control Module (ECM), which instantly makes the precise adjustments for optimum performance.
Reliability and Durability.
- Unbeatable Reliability: Yamaha 150HP – 20″ V MAX In-Line 4 feature a Cowling Drain System and Air Intake Labyrinth System to trap and drain water that enters their cowlings during normal operation.
- Better Lubrication: Yamaha 150HP – 20″ V MAX In-Line 4 has a Wet sump pump lubrication that uses a pressurized oil delivery system through an oil pump.
- Engine Warning System: This system protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, water-in-fuel detection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha I-4 V MAX SHO® four-stroke engines.
Convenience and Control.
- Extra Space: Yamaha 150HP – 20″ V MAX In-Line 4 has A four stroke in-line design means there’s no need for an external oil tank. That means less weight and more storage room in the boat for tackle and gear.
- Ample Charging Power: At 50 amps, the V MAX SHO® 175 and 150 alternators boast an 11 percent increase in charging power over the two stroke 150 HPDI®.
- Easy Rigging: I-4 V MAX SHO® outboards feature mechanical controls for easy, convenient rigging with most bass, bay and flats boats, and are compatible with analog, 6Y5 digital or Command Link® gauges.
|Prop shaft Horsepower||:150 HP at 5500 RPM|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||:5000 ~ 6000 RPM|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||:2.00:1 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse|
Yamaha 150HP – 20″ V MAX In-Line 4 Engine.
|Engine Type||:Inline 4|
|Bore x Stroke||:3.78 x 3.79 in. (96 x 96.2 mm)|
|Shaft Length||:20 in.|
|Weight||:480 lb. (218 kg)|
Model Specific Features.
- 2.8-liter high-output four cylinder
- 480 lbs. dry weight
- 20-inch and 25-inch shaft options
- 50 amps of charging power
- Command Link® compatibility with Variable Trolling
Yamaha 150HP – 20″ V MAX In-Line 4 Specifications.
- Engine Type: Inline 4
- Displacement: 2.8L
- Bore x Stroke: 96 x 96.2mm (3.78 x 3.79in)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 150 hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 50 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight †: 218 kg (480 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 89
- Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner’s manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 16
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: LFR6A-11
- Alternator Output: 50 Amp
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 4.5L/4.3L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 2.00:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 20″
- Degree of Tilt: 70°
- Degree of Trim: -4° through +16°
- Dry Weight: 218 kg (480 lbs)
- Steering Angle (maximum): 32° from center, either direction.
Yamaha 150HP – 20″ V MAX In-Line 4 Warranty.
|Government||: 3years Limited|
|commercial||: 1year Limited|
Reach out to us if you want your Yamaha 150HP – 20″ V MAX In-Line 4 customized.
Check out our Related Products
Reference @ Global Yamaha